db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Watzek <mwa.t...@spree.de>
Subject Re: JIRA JDO-53
Date Thu, 02 Jun 2005 16:17:08 GMT
Hi Andy,

>>This is what I have done:
>>
>>1) Downloaded JPOX plugin for commons-dbcp (jpox-dbcp-1.1.0-beta-3.jar)
>>2) Downloaded commons-dbcp (commons-dbcp-1.2.1.jar)
>>3) Downloaded commons-pool (commons-pool-1.2.jar)
>>4) Downloaded commons-collections (commons-collections-3.1.jar)
>>5) Added a JPOX property to PMF properties
>>(org.jpox.connectionPoolingType=DBCP)
>>6) Added all jars to the classpath and started the TCK
>>
>>Is there anything missing?
>

> Sounds about right. Have you looked in the log to see if it has recognised
> your connection pool setting ? (there is a block of messages printed when you
> open the PMF and it should say something like "Datastore Connection Pooling :
> DBCP")
The JPOX log file does neither contain the strings "Datastore Connection
Pooling" nor "DBCP". Do I have to run JPOX on a particular log level? To
me, it looks like we run JPOX on "DEBUG".

I have tried to set the JPOX property "org.jpox.connectionPoolingType"
to "None". I get the exception below. I do not get this exception when I
set the property to "DBCP" or "C3P0". I also tried to exclude
commons-dbcp from the classpath. I got a ClassNotFoundException. So I
think, that connection pooling is used.

Regards,
Michael

javax.jdo.JDOUserException: Invalid Connection Pooling type. Please
check your specified type against the supported types in the JPOX
documentation, please specify the DataSource directly
     at
org.jpox.PMFConfiguration.setConnectionPoolingType(PMFConfiguration.java:962)
     at
org.jpox.PersistenceManagerFactoryImpl$37.set(PersistenceManagerFactoryImpl.java:362)
     at
org.jpox.PersistenceManagerFactoryImpl.setOptions(PersistenceManagerFactoryImpl.java:619)
     at
org.jpox.PersistenceManagerFactoryImpl.getPersistenceManagerFactory(PersistenceManagerFactoryImpl.java:83)
     at
     at
     at javax.jdo.JDOHelper.getPersistenceManagerFactory(JDOHelper.java:299)
     at javax.jdo.JDOHelper.getPersistenceManagerFactory(JDOHelper.java:254)
     at org.apache.jdo.tck.JDO_Test.getPMF(JDO_Test.java:386)
     at org.apache.jdo.tck.JDO_Test.setUp(JDO_Test.java:163)
     at org.apache.jdo.tck.JDO_Test.runBare(JDO_Test.java:180)
     at org.apache.jdo.tck.util.BatchTestRunner.run(BatchTestRunner.java:75)
     at org.apache.jdo.tck.util.BatchTestRunner.run(BatchTestRunner.java:70)
     at
org.apache.jdo.tck.api.persistencemanagerfactory.AfterCloseSetMethodsThrowException.main(AfterCloseSetMethodsThrowException.java:62)