db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Michelle Caisse <Michelle.Cai...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Patch for JDO-1
Date Wed, 01 Jun 2005 20:08:47 GMT
Hi Michael,

It's not clear to me why we need to single out these two classes to
exclude, since we currently have close to 100  tests that err or fail in
the TCK.  However, if there is a good reason for this, I suggest calling
the exclude list "exclude.list".  Also, there is now one test that is
being excluded because it hangs (JDO-13).  It is commented out at the
bottom of alltests.list.  You might want to handle it the same way.  (I
haven't checked recently to see if it still hangs.)

Thanks,
Michelle

Michael Bouschen wrote:

> Hi Michelle,
>
> I would like to propose one more change in the context of JDO-1.
> Classes FieldAccessModified and ImplementsPersistenceCapable now
> compile, but we do not want to run the two classes as part of the TCK
> until they adapt the JDO2 enhancement. Today the two classes are
> included in test/conf/alltest.list, so they are executed and fail
> during runtck.
>
> I propose to remove them from alltest.list and add them to a new file
> called excludes.list. This is not yet the 'exclude list' feature,
> because we need to remove the tests from the alltests.list until the
> TestRunner reads the excludes.list file and excludes the tests
> automatically.
>
> If you agree I can make the change in the alltests.list and
> excludes.list as a first step.
>
> Regards Michael
>
>> I have checked in this patch.  Thanks, Michael!  -- Michelle
>>
>> Michael Watzek wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> as decided in last t-conference I have prepared a patch for JIRA
>>> JDO-1 (Enhancer tests don't compile). Please be aware that the patch
>>> fixes the compilation problem. However, if you run the two enhancer
>>> tests, they will fail due to the fact that the enhancer20 subproject
>>> does not implement JDO2.
>>>
>>> You can apply the patch in the TCK20 directory using
>>>
>>> 0) patch -p0 < JDO-1.patch
>>>
>>> 1) "svn add
>>> test/java/org/apache/jdo/tck/enhancement/FieldAccessModified.java
>>> test/java/org/apache/jdo/tck/enhancement/ImplementsPersistenceCapable.java"
>>>

>>> 2) "rm
>>> test/java/org/apache/jdo/tck/enhancement/ImplementsPersistenceCapable.java.fix