db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Watzek <mwa.t...@spree.de>
Subject JIRA JDO-52
Date Wed, 01 Jun 2005 14:59:33 GMT
Hi Michelle,

JIRA JDO-52 proposes to run Derby in memory to improve performance. I
looked into Derby Docs but I could not find an entry about this issue.
There is an entry in the FAQ (see below) saying that Derby does not
support an in memory mode.

Derby TODO list has an entry "In-memory database". The contents of the
progress column of that entry is "Prototype code".

I'm not sure of how to continue on this issue. Let me know what you think.

Regards,
Michael

Derby FAQ:

2.7. Does Derby have a mode that causes it to run entirely in memory?
No, Derby does not support an in-memory mode, though a feature is on the
To Do list. When this FAQ entry was written derby-dev@db.apache.org list
activity indicated that the feature is not actively being worked on.
Check that mail list for current status.