db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Andy Jefferson <a...@jpox.org>
Subject Re: TestRunner remarks
Date Fri, 24 Jun 2005 11:03:22 GMT
> However, I have a question:
>
> The property "org.jpox.identifier.defaultSchemaName" is passed as system
> property. This is good because the default schema depends on the
> identity type. However, there are a number of other JPOX properties
> which are passed as java.util.Properties. Should we document somewhere
> that the default schema name property is passed as system property?

Three comments :-

1. You should be using "javax.jdo.mapping.Schema" (and
javax.jdo.mapping.Catalog) and not this JPOX-specific property (as I
mentioned on the JPOX Forum thread about it that Michelle raised). Michelle,
the reason you were not seeing any effect before was *because* you were
passing this in as a system property and not using the JDO method of PMF
property. I added that as an accepted System property yesterday in JPOX CVS.

2. I don't remember seeing anything in the JDO spec about accepting PMF props
as System props (ok, JPOX supports it for many properties, but that is an
extension IIRC and you can't rely on it for other impls). Correct me if I'm
wrong (with a reference to the section of the JDO2 spec that defines it).

3. As I also mentioned on the JPOX Forum thread, your schema name should be in
UPPERCASE if you want schema validation to work (Derby accepts UPPERCASE
identifiers - it only accepts mixed case if they are quoted, and we don't
support validation of mixed case quoted at the moment either).

--
Andy
Java Persistent Objects - JPOX