db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Geoff hendrey <geoff_hend...@yahoo.com>
Subject org.apache.jdo.tck.api.instancecallbacks.CallingJdoPreclear
Date Sun, 19 Jun 2005 03:34:43 GMT
tck11 test:
org.apache.jdo.tck.api.instancecallbacks.CallingJdoPreclear

in InstanceCallbackClass.jdoPreClear the following
line causes a NullPointerException because children is
null:
    <code>
    numberOfChildren[intValue] = children.size();
    </code>
children is not in the default-fetch-group and never
gets loaded within the transaction for the PC
"primaryObj". The "touchFields" method never touches
primaryObj.children, thus it remains null, having been
set null in the transition to HOLLOW caused by the
prior commit. Because jdoPreClear is not modified by
the enhancer, children does not get loaded when
jdoPreClear is called and the NullPointerException is
thrown. This could be fixed by modifying the
"package.jdo" meta-data to add
default-fetch-group="true" for the field 'children'.

Please review and let me know if you agree.

-geoff