db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Andy Jefferson <a...@jpox.org>
Subject Re: JDO-61
Date Fri, 10 Jun 2005 19:15:52 GMT
> One reason that we include all the classes in pc/company/package.jdo
> is so that when the package.jdo is read, all the classes are known.
>
> Why doesn't reading the PartTimeEmployee metadata from package.jdo
> tell JPOX that the class exists?

Because JPOX was employing lazy initialisation of MetaData so it would
encounter a file and would parse all classes, but wouldn't initialise the
MetaData for a class until a class of that type was encountered (e.g via a PM
call). This is now changed (next nightly build - 20050611).

I just ran
maven clean database -Dtest=extents.InstancesPersistedPriorToIterationReturned
runtck.single

and got success. I then ran
maven -Dtest=extents.InstancesPersistedPriorToIterationReturned runtck.single

and got success.

--
Andy
Java Persistent Objects JDO - JPOX