db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Andy Jefferson <a...@jpox.org>
Subject Re: JIRA JDO-13
Date Tue, 07 Jun 2005 17:29:31 GMT
> Sounds good, thanks.  I found that the 6/6 JPOX build ran 10x slower
> than the 6/3 build -- 10 hours to run the TCK.  I am running the 6/7
> build right now, and I'm not sure what the final time will be.  At first
> it seemed to be running pretty quickly, but now that it's doing the
> fieldtypes tests, it is very slow.  So you may want to use an older JPOX
> build if you hope to get both application and datastore identity done in
> one night!

Hi Michelle,

have you got "org.jpox.autoStartMechanism" set to anything in particular ?
The fact that things slow down is symptomatic of JPOX progressively loading up
all of the classes that it has ever encountered during its lifetime with the
DB schema (JPOX_TABLES table) that it connects to. So with each test, it
finds more classes and so loads up the MetaData of the previous ones, plus
the new ones. If you set this property to "None" it will start from scratch
each time (and so not go off an load up other classes not used in that test).
The log would tell you what is taking the time

Nothing significant has changed in the period you mention (AFAIK) and I see no
change in runtime speed here on our unit tests.

--
Andy
Java Persistent Objects JDO - JPOX