db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Andy Jefferson <a...@jpox.org>
Subject Re: JIRA JDO-53
Date Thu, 02 Jun 2005 16:24:46 GMT
> The JPOX log file does neither contain the strings "Datastore Connection
> Pooling" nor "DBCP". Do I have to run JPOX on a particular log level? To
> me, it looks like we run JPOX on "DEBUG".

You need the log4j category "log4j.category.JPOX.JDO" set at DEBUG level to
see these.

> I have tried to set the JPOX property "org.jpox.connectionPoolingType"
> to "None". I get the exception below.

That is fixed in CVS, but is not important since you could just omit the
setting if you don't want connection pooling.

> I also tried to exclude commons-dbcp from the classpath. I got a
> ClassNotFoundException. So I think, that connection pooling is used.

That is a reasonable assumption. The log would confirm it - and DBCP probably
has log categories that can be enabled to see the gory details of its pooling
process if you really need to know.
Always gives significant speed ups for me. Really depends on the test and
whether you do more than 1 or 2 txns or DB calls in a test.

--
Andy
JPOX - Java Persistent Objects