db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Andy Jefferson <a...@jpox.org>
Subject Re: JIRA JDO-53
Date Thu, 02 Jun 2005 16:01:48 GMT
> > In your case JPOX will be creating a DBCP DataSource, instead of the
> > normal DataSource, and in PMF.close() this is nulled out. Looking at the
> > code it isn't explicitly closed - I'll have to check if the DBCP class
> > provides a close() method.
>
> I'm just curious if two created PMF instances share the same connection
> pool?

No.
You create a PMF and it gets its own (DBCP/C3P0/...) DataSource, and hence it
gets its own connection pool (unless DBCP/C3P0 are intelligent enough to
realise when 2 PMF connection URLs and login credentials are the same and so
share with the already existing data source ...)

--
Andy
JPOX - Java Persistent Objects