db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Andy Jefferson <a...@jpox.org>
Subject Re: JIRA JDO-53
Date Thu, 02 Jun 2005 15:44:30 GMT
Hi Michael,

> This is what I have done:
>
> 1) Downloaded JPOX plugin for commons-dbcp (jpox-dbcp-1.1.0-beta-3.jar)
> 2) Downloaded commons-dbcp (commons-dbcp-1.2.1.jar)
> 3) Downloaded commons-pool (commons-pool-1.2.jar)
> 4) Downloaded commons-collections (commons-collections-3.1.jar)
> 5) Added a JPOX property to PMF properties
> (org.jpox.connectionPoolingType=DBCP)
> 6) Added all jars to the classpath and started the TCK
>
> Is there anything missing?

Sounds about right. Have you looked in the log to see if it has recognised
your connection pool setting ? (there is a block of messages printed when you
open the PMF and it should say something like "Datastore Connection Pooling :
DBCP")

> Please note that each TCK test has the following pattern:
>
> pmf = JDOHelper.getPersistenceManagerFactory(..);
> pmf.close();
>
> Does PMF.close invalidate or clear the connection pool?

In your case JPOX will be creating a DBCP DataSource, instead of the normal
DataSource, and in PMF.close() this is nulled out. Looking at the code it
isn't explicitly closed - I'll have to check if the DBCP class provides a
close() method.

--
Andy
JPOX - Java Persistent Objects