db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From <e...@jpox.org>
Subject RE: fieldtypes metadata issues
Date Sat, 04 Jun 2005 22:39:36 GMT

>>This is a bigger issue. All of the datastore identity jdo files have
to be fixed to have the id fields be persistent, and add a column to be
used for the datastore identity.

it

>>This was done to make sure the JDO implementation read the metadata
for the class SimpleClass before it read any of the metadata that used
the SimpleInterface. The duplicate definition in pc.fieldtypes should be
ignored according to the specification.

Fine, not an issue here, but dependency of fixing the schema for
including the id column as said in issue 2.

all fields.

>>Do you happen to have a patch for this one? ;-)

Not really, this is another big issue :)

Another look at the FieldsOfSimpleClass brings up another issue. All
fields have a column with FK to SIMPLECLASS (see schema), including
those marked as embedded. Should it not serialize embedded fields to a
blob column. That's what I understand by embedded.

I have a patch here if my understanding is correct on the embedded
fields to BLOB columns:

CREATE TABLE FIELDSOFSIMPLEINTERFACE
(
    IDENTIFIER INTEGER NOT NULL GENERATED ALWAYS AS IDENTITY,
    SIMPLEINTERFACE1 LONG VARCHAR FOR BIT DATA,
    SIMPLEINTERFACE102 BIGINT REFERENCES SIMPLE_CLASS,
    SIMPLEINTERFACE103 LONG VARCHAR FOR BIT DATA,
    SIMPLEINTERFACE104 BIGINT REFERENCES SIMPLE_CLASS,
    SIMPLEINTERFACE109 LONG VARCHAR FOR BIT DATA,
    SIMPLEINTERFACE11 BIGINT REFERENCES SIMPLE_CLASS,
    SIMPLEINTERFACE110 BIGINT REFERENCES SIMPLE_CLASS,
    SIMPLEINTERFACE112 BIGINT REFERENCES SIMPLE_CLASS,
    SIMPLEINTERFACE113 LONG VARCHAR FOR BIT DATA,
    SIMPLEINTERFACE114 BIGINT REFERENCES SIMPLE_CLASS,
    SIMPLEINTERFACE119 BIGINT REFERENCES SIMPLE_CLASS,
    SIMPLEINTERFACE12 LONG VARCHAR FOR BIT DATA,
    SIMPLEINTERFACE120 LONG VARCHAR FOR BIT DATA,
    SIMPLEINTERFACE121 BIGINT REFERENCES SIMPLE_CLASS,
    SIMPLEINTERFACE125 LONG VARCHAR FOR BIT DATA,
    SIMPLEINTERFACE126 BIGINT REFERENCES SIMPLE_CLASS,
    SIMPLEINTERFACE128 BIGINT REFERENCES SIMPLE_CLASS,
    SIMPLEINTERFACE129 LONG VARCHAR FOR BIT DATA,
    SIMPLEINTERFACE13 BIGINT REFERENCES SIMPLE_CLASS,
    SIMPLEINTERFACE130 BIGINT REFERENCES SIMPLE_CLASS,
    SIMPLEINTERFACE138 BIGINT REFERENCES SIMPLE_CLASS,
    SIMPLEINTERFACE139 LONG VARCHAR FOR BIT DATA,
    SIMPLEINTERFACE140 BIGINT REFERENCES SIMPLE_CLASS,
    SIMPLEINTERFACE17 LONG VARCHAR FOR BIT DATA,
    SIMPLEINTERFACE18 BIGINT REFERENCES SIMPLE_CLASS,
    SIMPLEINTERFACE2 BIGINT REFERENCES SIMPLE_CLASS,
    SIMPLEINTERFACE20 BIGINT REFERENCES SIMPLE_CLASS,
    SIMPLEINTERFACE21 LONG VARCHAR FOR BIT DATA,
    SIMPLEINTERFACE22 BIGINT REFERENCES SIMPLE_CLASS,
    SIMPLEINTERFACE30 BIGINT REFERENCES SIMPLE_CLASS,
    SIMPLEINTERFACE31 LONG VARCHAR FOR BIT DATA,
    SIMPLEINTERFACE32 BIGINT REFERENCES SIMPLE_CLASS,
    SIMPLEINTERFACE37 LONG VARCHAR FOR BIT DATA,
    SIMPLEINTERFACE38 BIGINT REFERENCES SIMPLE_CLASS,
    SIMPLEINTERFACE4 BIGINT REFERENCES SIMPLE_CLASS,
    SIMPLEINTERFACE40 BIGINT REFERENCES SIMPLE_CLASS,
    SIMPLEINTERFACE41 LONG VARCHAR FOR BIT DATA,
    SIMPLEINTERFACE42 BIGINT REFERENCES SIMPLE_CLASS,
    SIMPLEINTERFACE47 BIGINT REFERENCES SIMPLE_CLASS,
    SIMPLEINTERFACE48 LONG VARCHAR FOR BIT DATA,
    SIMPLEINTERFACE49 BIGINT REFERENCES SIMPLE_CLASS,
    SIMPLEINTERFACE5 LONG VARCHAR FOR BIT DATA,
    SIMPLEINTERFACE53 LONG VARCHAR FOR BIT DATA,
    SIMPLEINTERFACE54 BIGINT REFERENCES SIMPLE_CLASS,
    SIMPLEINTERFACE56 BIGINT REFERENCES SIMPLE_CLASS,
    SIMPLEINTERFACE57 LONG VARCHAR FOR BIT DATA,
    SIMPLEINTERFACE58 BIGINT REFERENCES SIMPLE_CLASS,
    SIMPLEINTERFACE6 BIGINT REFERENCES SIMPLE_CLASS,
    SIMPLEINTERFACE66 BIGINT REFERENCES SIMPLE_CLASS,
    SIMPLEINTERFACE67 LONG VARCHAR FOR BIT DATA,
    SIMPLEINTERFACE68 BIGINT REFERENCES SIMPLE_CLASS,
    SIMPLEINTERFACE73 LONG VARCHAR FOR BIT DATA,
    SIMPLEINTERFACE74 BIGINT REFERENCES SIMPLE_CLASS,
    SIMPLEINTERFACE76 BIGINT REFERENCES SIMPLE_CLASS,
    SIMPLEINTERFACE77 LONG VARCHAR FOR BIT DATA,
    SIMPLEINTERFACE78 BIGINT REFERENCES SIMPLE_CLASS,
    SIMPLEINTERFACE83 BIGINT REFERENCES SIMPLE_CLASS,
    SIMPLEINTERFACE84 LONG VARCHAR FOR BIT DATA,
    SIMPLEINTERFACE85 BIGINT REFERENCES SIMPLE_CLASS,
    SIMPLEINTERFACE89 LONG VARCHAR FOR BIT DATA,
    SIMPLEINTERFACE90 BIGINT REFERENCES SIMPLE_CLASS,
    SIMPLEINTERFACE92 BIGINT REFERENCES SIMPLE_CLASS,
    SIMPLEINTERFACE93 LONG VARCHAR FOR BIT DATA,
    SIMPLEINTERFACE94 BIGINT REFERENCES SIMPLE_CLASS
);

>> Thanks for taking a look at these. Are you now able to run all the
tests?

Yes. Looking at the fieldtypes package, the remaining issues are on
mapping jdo files to the schema.