db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Craig Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Issue 117: regarding Apache JDO Issue JDO-46
Date Mon, 23 May 2005 17:20:44 GMT
This is issue 117.

Currently, the spec is inconsistent or unclear in the treatment of
close after close in the cases of PM and PMF.

Unclear: The PMF section on close doesn't address close, but does
specifically disallow getPersistenceManager and “set methods” and allow
“other get methods”. Nothing is said about isClosed, close, add/remove
instance lifecycle listener.

Inconsistent with PMF: The PM section on close says that after close
completes, all methods except isClosed throw JDOFatalUserException.

Proposal:

Change PM to state: all methods except isClosed, close, and getPMF
throw JDOFatalUserException.

Change PMF to state: all methods except isClosed, close, and getter
methods throw JDOFatalUserException.

Craig

On May 23, 2005, at 1:31 AM, erik@jpox.org wrote:

> This is a JPOX bug. It's due to a close call to a closed PMF.
>
> Question: If the PMF is closed and the close is called, is this a nope
> or
> JDOUserException?
>
> Quoting Michael Bouschen <mbo.tech@spree.de>:
>
>> Hi Michelle,
>>
>> I added a comment to issue JDO-46 including the stacktrace of the
>> NullPointerException thrown by jpox
>> AbstractPersistenceManagerFactory.close.
>>
>> Regards Michael
>>
>> --
>> Michael Bouschen		Tech@Spree Engineering GmbH
>> mailto:mbo.tech@spree.de	http://www.tech.spree.de/