db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Christian.Romb...@versant.net
Subject Re: Issue 44: detachOnClose property: On just PM or PM+PMF?
Date Wed, 04 May 2005 07:00:34 GMT
Hi Matthew,

as pointed out in previous discussions, this property won't really work in
a managed environment.
(as the close() is not really a JDO-close(), but invalidates one handle)

Best regards,

Christian

"Matthew T. Adams" <matthew.adams@xcalia.com>
Sent by: matthew.adams@xcalia.com
03/05/2005 23:10
Please respond to
<matthew.adams@xcalia.com>

<jdo-dev@db.apache.org>, <jdo-experts-ext@sun.com>
cc

Subject
Issue 44:  detachOnClose property:  On just PM or PM+PMF?

Hi all,

Currently, the interface PersistenceManager defines a property
detachOnClose, but PersistenceManagerFactory does not.  Is this a
property that should also be on PersistenceManagerFactory whose value
PMs inherit from their PMF, much like PMF & PM properties ignoreCache
and multithreaded?  Are there other properties whose values PMs should
inherit from their PMFs?

Further, on the issues list, it's listed as #44 with a withdrawal from
Abe and a preference from Craig that it remain.  Clarification, please.

--matthew

Matthew T. Adams
Corporate Technical Advisor & Senior Consultant
Mobile:  +1 253 732 1051
Phone:  +1 206 331 3833
Fax:  +1 360 937 9616
matthew.adams@xcalia.com
P.O. Box 24163
Federal Way, WA  98093
www.xcalia.com

Xcalia helps businesses address the challenge of Enterprise Information
Access in a heterogeneous environment.  We provide products and services
that facilitate the two-way exchange of information between individuals,
mission-critical applications, and databases.  Our customers enjoy
improved performance, reduced operating and development costs, faster
time to market, and rejuvenated legacy systems.