db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Craig Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Issue 119: cannot add a constraint to a join table
Date Sun, 29 May 2005 18:45:27 GMT
Sorry, Abe, I should have reiterated the subject in the text. I'm
talking about the fact that you cannot define constraints for join
tables and tables used to contain Map and List fields. It's possible to
define constraints on mapped columns of classes.

Craig

On May 28, 2005, at 10:23 PM, Abe White wrote:

>> There is no way to specify a constraint except on the columns mapped
>> to fields in a class.
>
> You can define constraints beneath the <class> element, and these
> constraints can contain column elements for constraints on arbitrary
> column sets.  This is already described in the spec.  If this doesn't
> satisfy what you're looking for, then could you clarify exactly what
> you think is lacking?

Craig Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!