db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Michelle Caisse <Michelle.Cai...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: tck test status
Date Thu, 26 May 2005 16:15:59 GMT
Andy,

Yes, this is a different issue.  Using the <join> fixed the previous
problem I was running into.

In the TCK, we are starting with pre-defined schemas and mappings from
the classes to the schemas.  There are other valid schema/mapping sets,
but we can't just let the vendors autogenerate schema to pass because

(1) We can't test all the mapping metadata if we do that.
(2) Not all implementations will have automatic schema generation.

Apparently there is a gap in the spec around specifying the PK for a
join table, so this is a tricky case.  We have to find some solution to
that.

-- Michelle