db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Watzek <mwa.t...@spree.de>
Subject Re: Patch for JDO-48
Date Thu, 26 May 2005 13:56:42 GMT
Hi Michelle,

what do I have to do to edit that page. I can see the subsection
"Cleanup" but it seems I do not have permission to change it.

Below you find a proposal for "Cleanup" description:

The TCK uses the JUnit testing framework. JUnit encourages test classes
to separate the real task to be tested from testing environment setup,
relatively testing environment cleanup. TCK classes follow this
implementation strategy.

For this reason, all TCK test classes extend abstract class
"org.apache.jdo.tck.JDO_Test". This class provides two hooks that
subclasses may override for test environment setup and test environment
cleanup:

     protected void localSetUp()
     protected void localTearDown()

TCK classes usually set up persistent data in method "localSetUp" and
they cleanup that that data in method "localTearDown". The real testing
tasks are implemented in methods having the prefix "test".

Class JDO_Test implements a default strategy for "localTearDown": All
persistent data that has been added for tear down is cleaned up
automatically. Thus, TCK classes usually do not override "localTearDown".

JDO_Test defines three methods adding persistent data for tear down:

     protected void addTearDownObjectId(Object oid)
     protected void addTearDownInstance(Object pc)
     protected void addTearDownClass(Class pcClass)

The first two methods may be used to add single persistent instances for
tear down. Method "addTearDownInstance" is convenience delegating to
addTearDownObjectId. The last method may be used to add persistent
classes for tear down. In the latter case, the extents of all added
classes are deleted.

*Note*: The order of adding tear down instances and classes is
significant. The default implementation of "localTearDown" first deletes
  all added instances in exactly that order they have been added.
Afterwards it deletes the extents of all classes in exactly that order
they have been added.

Regards,
Michael