db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Watzek <mwa.t...@spree.de>
Subject Additional dependency from r11 runtime to r11 query
Date Fri, 13 May 2005 17:47:03 GMT
Hi,

I encountered an additional dependency (which I have missed before)
from r11 runtime to r11 query: org.apache.jdo.store.StoreManager and
org.apache.jdo.store.StoreManagerImpl use QueryResult, and
QueryResultHelper, BasicQueryResult.

Breaking out r11 into core20, enhancer20, runtime20, query20, and
fostore20 as decided means that we would have circular dependencies
between query20 and runtime20.

Preventing these circular dependencies in XXX20 projects I have the
following proposal:

1) Repackaging of the following classes, interfaces, and resources in r11:

org.apache.jdo.jdoql.QueryResult -> org.apache.jdo.query.QueryResult
org.apache.jdo.jdoql.QueryResultHelper ->
org.apache.jdo.query.QueryResultHelper
org.apache.jdo.jdoql.QueryResultIterator ->
org.apache.jdo.query.QueryResultIterator
org.apache.jdo.jdoql.BasicQueryResult ->
org.apache.jdo.query.BasicQueryResult
org/apache/jdo/jdoql/Bundle.properties ->
org/apache/jdo/query/Bundle.properties

2) At the time we break out r11 into XXX20 projects we assign package
org.apache.jdo.query (and all of its classes/interfaces/resources) to
runtime20.

If you do not have any objections, I'll send the "svn diff" on Monday.

Thanks,
Michael