db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Bouschen <mbo.t...@spree.de>
Subject Re: Minutes JDO TCK Conference Call Friday, May 6, 9 am PST
Date Mon, 09 May 2005 11:45:50 GMT
Hi Andy,

>>Test development status (Michelle):  JPOX doesn't recognize foreign-key as
>>an attribute of a field. It issues a parsing error. JPOX is using an
>>internal DTD. Erik will refresh the DTD from the checked-in version.
>

> The real issue is that "api20" has an orm.dtd (here
> http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/incubator/jdo/trunk/api20/src/dtd/javax/jdo/orm.dtd?rev=158154&view=markup)

> that *doesnt* support foreign-key under <field>, so JPOX was using the most
> recent. I've updated the JPOX dtd to include this attribute. So can we have
> the definitive "api20" orm.dtd updated too ?

Yes, the orm.dtd misses the foreign-key attribute of the field element
(there is a foreign-key sub element under field. I think the missing
foreign-key attribute is an oversight and should be added to the orm.dtd.

Regards Michael

Tel.:++49/30/235 520-33		Buelowstr. 66
Fax.:++49/30/2175 2012		D-10783 Berlin