db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Bouschen <mbo.t...@spree.de>
Subject Re: pmf not closed
Date Sun, 01 May 2005 20:27:42 GMT
Hi Michelle,

> Hi, Michael,
>
> When you get a chance to look at the tests that don't close pmf when
> they fail, the JIRA number is JDO-32.

I looked into this. Attached you find an updated version of
JDO_Test.java. It checks whether pmf.close throws an exception because
of open pms. If so it closes the pms and closes the pmf again.

However, I was not able to reproduce the issue. I removed the heap size
increase from project.properties. I also added some debug messages to
the pm cleanup code I added to the method closing the pmf. It got never
printed. I tried the tck default configuration and used the JPOX nightly
builds from April 1 and May 1.

Could you please try the attached version of JDO_Test and let me know
whether it makes any difference? It might be good to check it in anyway,
even if todays tests do not need it.The attached file works for tck20
and tck11 and I'm planning a similar change for ri11.

Thanks!

Regards Michael

> Thanks,
> Michelle