db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Andy Jefferson <a...@jpox.org>
Subject Re: tck test status
Date Fri, 27 May 2005 11:31:23 GMT
> Apparently there is a gap in the spec around specifying the PK for a
> join table, so this is a tricky case.  We have to find some solution to
> that.

Hi Michelle,

JPOX next nightly build (20050528) will only add/require this ADPT_PK_IDX
column if the Map/Set uses a non-PC key and where the column type of the key
is something that cannot be part of the primary key (with the RDBMS being
used). For example, if using keys that are stored as BLOBs then many RDBMS
will not allow this column to be part of the PK.

In your example where you have an object of type A with a Map<String,String>
then (as long as your RDBMS allows VARCHAR/CHAR columns to be part of the PK)
then it will now require a join table with form
A_ID_OID (+)
STRING_KEY (+)
STRING_VAL
and the PK for this table will be (A_ID_OID,STRING_KEY).

This hopefully will alleviate some of the problems you've been seeing. More
may be required.

--
Andy
JPOX - Java Persistent Objects