db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Geoff hendrey <geoff_hend...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: JDO TCK Conference Call Friday, May 13, 9 am PST
Date Sun, 15 May 2005 17:04:57 GMT
Never mind my question about the assertions. Now this:

java:compile:
    [echo] Compiling to
E:\apachetck\trunk\btree/target/classes
    [javac] Compiling 55 source files to
E:\apachetck\trunk\btree\target\classes

E:\apachetck\trunk\btree\mdr\src\org\netbeans\mdr\persistence\btreeimpl\btreeind
ex\VarKeyPage.java:18: package org.openide does not
exist
import org.openide.ErrorManager;
                   ^
E:\apachetck\trunk\btree\mdr\src\org\netbeans\mdr\persistence\btreeimpl\btreeind
ex\VarKeyPage.java:177: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : variable ErrorManager
location: class
org.netbeans.mdr.persistence.btreeimpl.btreeindex.VarKeyPage

ErrorManager.getDefault().log(ErrorManager.EXCEPTION,
msg);
                                          ^
E:\apachetck\trunk\btree\mdr\src\org\netbeans\mdr\persistence\btreeimpl\btreeind
ex\VarKeyPage.java:177: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : variable ErrorManager
location: class
org.netbeans.mdr.persistence.btreeimpl.btreeindex.VarKeyPage

ErrorManager.getDefault().log(ErrorManager.EXCEPTION,
msg);
            ^
3 errors

--- Michelle Caisse <michelle.caisse@sun.com> wrote:
> [...]
> build the
> subprojects in the correct order.  You will get six
> subprojects from the
> jdo subversion repository:
>
> api11
> api20
> btree
> ri11
> tck11
> tck20
>
> To get the btree jar in your local repository with
> the appropriate name
> you just do "maven build" in jdo/trunk/btree.
>
> It seems that we need to add information to
> README.txt regarding
> dependencies in building the subprojects, e.g. you
> must build btree
> before building tck11, ...
>
> Hope this helps,
> Michelle
>
> Geoff hendrey wrote:
>
> >I'm trying to run the tck11 "enhance" goal.
> >
> >There is a dependency on jdo-btree-SNAPSHOT.
> >
> >When I try to execute the three CVS commands to get
> >the code, I succesfully get
> >org\netbeans\mdr\persistence package, but the
> >btreeimpl subpackage appears to not exist. If I
> create
> >the btreeimpl subpackage by hand, and execute the
> cvs
> >update, it zaps the btreeimpl folder, so I take it
> it
> >really does not exist in the cvs repository. Thus,
> >am stuck.
> >
> >In my opinion, it would be a good idea to ship a
> >prebuilt, local maven repository, configured with
> all
> >the jars. Or at least make this maven repository
> >available for download. Then you can set your
> >project.properties to simply point to a local
> >repository. Actually relying on maven to download
> jars
> >and/or source almost never works, especially if you
> >specify head snapshot as opposed to a specific
> >revision.
> >
> >my $0.02.
> >
> >So can somebody send me the jdo-btree-SNAPSHOT.jar?
> >
> >-geoff
> >

> >--- Michelle Caisse <michelle.caisse@sun.com>
> wrote:
> >

> >>Hi,
> >>
> >>We will have our regular meeting Friday, May 13
> at
> >>9 am PST to discuss
> >>JDO TCK issues and status.
> >>
> >>Dial-in numbers are:
> >>
> >>866 230-6968   294-0479#
> >>International: +1 865 544-7856
> >>
> >>Agenda:
> >>
> >>XML Schema (Brian T - specifics on orm dtd issues,
> >>Craig - dtd issues
> >>fixed?)
> >>JDO API release on ibiblio (Brian T, Craig)
> >>Detached objects (Matthew)
> >>Test development status (Michelle)
> >>Apache nightly builds (Brian)
> >>Other  issues  and status (any and all)
> >>
> >>-- Michelle
> >>

> >Yahoo! Mail
> >Stay connected, organized, and protected. Take the

Yahoo! Mail