db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Geoff hendrey <geoff_hend...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: JDO TCK Conference Call Friday, May 13, 9 am PST
Date Sun, 15 May 2005 16:45:50 GMT
The CVS checkout was failing in the maven btree build
target. Apparently I also failed to manually checkout
the btree/impl package when I tried to do so manually
with CVS.

Because I was able to succesfully checkout the
persistence parent package of impl, I concluded that
the repo was messed up and was missing
persistence/impl.

I downloaded wincvs and gave it another shot. This
time I was able to manually checkout the impl package.
The maven checkout stuff still fails, but I've got the
code, so it proceeeds to compile.

Now I am getting some compiler errors, that look like
I simply need to tell maven to enable assertions (java
-ea). Here's an example of one of the errors:

E:\apachetck\trunk\btree\mdr\src\org\netbeans\mdr\persistence\btreeimpl\btreesto
rage\PrimaryIndex.java:53: warning: as of release 1.4,
assert is a keyword, and
may not be used as an identifier
                assert serial>=firstMofIdSerial;
                ^
E:\apachetck\trunk\btree\mdr\src\org\netbeans\mdr\persistence\btreeimpl\btreesto
rage\PrimaryIndex.java:53: ';' expected
                assert serial>=firstMofIdSerial;

So if someone has a quick tip on how to get maven to
enable assertions, that'd be great and I could keep
going.

I still think you should provide a static local maven
repository with all the required jar files.

-geoff

Yahoo! Mail