db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From "Matthew T. Adams" <matthew.ad...@xcalia.com>
Subject Issue 44: detachOnClose property: On just PM or PM+PMF?
Date Tue, 03 May 2005 21:10:55 GMT
Hi all,

Currently, the interface PersistenceManager defines a property
detachOnClose, but PersistenceManagerFactory does not.  Is this a
property that should also be on PersistenceManagerFactory whose value
PMs inherit from their PMF, much like PMF & PM properties ignoreCache
and multithreaded?  Are there other properties whose values PMs should
inherit from their PMFs?

Further, on the issues list, it's listed as #44 with a withdrawal from
Abe and a preference from Craig that it remain.  Clarification, please.

--matthew

Matthew T. Adams
Corporate Technical Advisor & Senior Consultant
Mobile:  +1 253 732 1051
Phone:  +1 206 331 3833
Fax:  +1 360 937 9616
matthew.adams@xcalia.com
P.O. Box 24163
Federal Way, WA  98093
www.xcalia.com

Xcalia helps businesses address the challenge of Enterprise Information
Access in a heterogeneous environment.  We provide products and services
that facilitate the two-way exchange of information between individuals,
mission-critical applications, and databases.  Our customers enjoy
improved performance, reduced operating and development costs, faster
time to market, and rejuvenated legacy systems.