db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Craig Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject JDO TCK Meeting minutes 1-Apr-2005
Date Fri, 01 Apr 2005 19:57:21 GMT
Javadogs,

Attendees: Craig Russell, Michelle Caisse

JDO API 2.0 project: Has been checked in to svn. A few bugs have been
reported and fixed. It's ready for vendor use. Users will be unfruitful
until some implementations support it.

JDO TCK 2.0 project: Pending a few issues, this workspace is ready for
checkin. A simple test with JPOX needs to work to demonstrate the
proper setup of the tck, JDO implementation, and database. Currently
working with JPOX (the 2.0 RI).

Biggest issue now is the structure of the overall test run. We need to
create schema, run tests, and drop schema. Run tests will involve
multiple test programs with different xml data files. This is called
generically "test runner". Still in design.

SQL schema: We plan to provide a framework in which multiple schema can
be defined for mapping the TCK domain test classes (in the
org.apache.jdo.tck.pc et.seq. packages).

Issue: When working in the TCK, we need to have a maven goal that
doesn't run all of the tests but just builds the project. Michael?

JIRA: Everyone needs to get a JIRA id and start using it to log
requests and bugs. Go to the JDO JIRA page
http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/BrowseProject.jspa?id=10630 and
log in (upper right link). Use your apache project login. Let jdo-dev
know if it doesn't work for you.

Craig Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!