db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Craig Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Collections of interfaces
Date Wed, 27 Apr 2005 18:08:28 GMT
Hi Andy,

On Apr 27, 2005, at 10:39 AM, Andy Jefferson wrote:

>> This extension has been around since JPOX 1.0 (the JDO 1 release), so
>> assume that it is actually meant to  go in the .jdo file.
>
> Craig,
>
> Can you provide an example of how <interface> and <implements> are
> going to
> work, to confirm how I think they'll work?

I don't have an example of <interface> yet (this should not be needed
for the current issue).

In the example we're working on, there is a SimpleClass.jdo that
contains:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE jdo PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Java Data Objects
Metadata 2.0//EN" "http://java.sun.com/dtd/jdo_2_0.dtd">
<jdo>
<package name="org.apache.jdo.tck.pc.fieldtypes">
<class name="SimpleClass" identity-type="application"
     objectid-class="org.apache.jdo.tck.pc.fieldtypes.SimpleClass$Oid">
<field name="id" primary-key="true"/>
</class>
</package>
</jdo>

I expect that to remove the JPOX extension, we will add the
<implements> tag as follows:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE jdo PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Java Data Objects
Metadata 2.0//EN" "http://java.sun.com/dtd/jdo_2_0.dtd">
<jdo>
<package name="org.apache.jdo.tck.pc.fieldtypes">
<class name="SimpleClass" identity-type="application"
     objectid-class="org.apache.jdo.tck.pc.fieldtypes.SimpleClass$Oid">
   <implements name="SimpleInterface">
<field name="id" primary-key="true"/>
</class>
</package>
</jdo>

> My assumption is that we should be able to use these new tags to
> specify the
> classes that implement a particular interface - hence the same thing
> that our
> "implementation-classes" extension provides. Once we understand it
> then we
> can think about implementing those in JPOX and removing the extension.
>

> --
> Andy
> Java Persistent Objects JDO - JPOX

Craig Russell