db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Craig Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject New Apache db project loosely coupled to Apache JDO
Date Wed, 27 Apr 2005 16:00:04 GMT
Hi Brian, Geir,

I'd like to start a sub-project that JDO needs but don't want to
develop it in Apache JDO, because it goes beyond JDO. It is a memory
model of relational database schema that can be used for O/R mapping
GUI applications for JDO and EJB3, as well as the runtime mapping.

Anyway, we could start building it in Apache JDO just because we have
the infrastructure in place, but would really like *not* to have any
JDO in the package name.

We would want to call it "org.apache.db.model" and put interfaces there
that could be reused by other projects.

I'd also like to have an alias for talking about the model in the
Apache DB group.

Any of this make sense?

Thanks,

Craig