db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Craig Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: ArtifactId of jdo projects
Date Tue, 05 Apr 2005 20:56:34 GMT
Hi Michael,

On Apr 5, 2005, at 12:47 PM, Michael Bouschen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> today the jdo project api11 and api20 use the same artifactId
> 'jdo-api', but different version numbers (1.1 vs. 2.0).  I think both
> projects should not share the same artifactId. They implement the JDO
> API as defined in different specs: JDO1 (JSR-12) and JDO2 (JSR-243),
> so they should coexists. I propose to change the artifactId to
> jdo1-api and jdo2-api and do a similar change for ri11, tck11 and
> tck20.

Sounds good.

> Another question: the maven doc for the currentVersion project
> descriptor element says: "The current version of the project. This
> should end in -SNAPSHOT until the release of that version is made.". I
> propose to add the '-SNAPSHOT' in the project.xml of the jdo projects.

If this is really what other projects do, I'd agree. Do any of you on
this alias have experience with other projects using the -SNAPSHOT
suffix? I assume that this means that the name of the jar is for
example jdo2-api-2.0-SNAPSHOT until we release.

Does release mean an alpha or beta? So when we decide that the api is
ready for external use (I actually think we've made that decision
already) that we would name it jdo2-api-2.0-ALPHA1, or less loudly,
jdo2-api-2.0-alpha1.

Craig

> What do you think?
>
> Regards Michael