db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Craig Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Minutes from JDO TCK Meeting 8-Apr-2005
Date Fri, 08 Apr 2005 17:53:30 GMT
Attendees: Michelle Caisse, Craig Russell, Michael Bouschen, Martin Zaun

1. JDO 2.0 api status. It's ready for posting on the downloads page of
the JDO project. Any recommendations for the structure of the downloads
page? Like where is it, on an Apache page or in the JDO project itself?
Craig's AI.

2. How do we get the Apache JDO project to be listed in the official
Incubator page? Geir can you either give me some of your karma for this
or delegate it?

3. Copyright notices for derived works of JDO. Please note: anyone who
uses Apache JDO in any derived work must include the Apache NOTICE and
LICENSE in their distributions.

4. How can we get the required ANTLR jar files onto ibiblio?

5. Split ri11 into logical components: utility, model, enhancer,
fostore, query, and runtime.

Issue 1: where do we put the tests? But to run the query tests, need a
runtime and a store. Circular dependencies exist in the tests because
basically many of the tests are system  tests not unit tests and depend
on a running implementation.

Issue 2: Circular dependencies between PersistenceManager and Query
implementations. Might need to create another component that contains
the internal interfaces.

6. JIRA accounts. Just register yourself. No need to be a committer.
But if you are a committer please use your Apache login as your JIRA
account id.

7. Build issues with tck20. Two ways of running TCK tests. One is maven
goal build. The other is a separate maven goal runtck. It's hard to
disable the maven build goal. Conclusion: We have the tck project set
up wrong. We should not put the TCK tests into the test directory, but
in the src directory. The class files would end up in the
target/classes directory.

8. New type support for ri11 1.4 collection types. Current not
resourced. Same status for enhancer to support J2SE 5. No resources.

Craig Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!