db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Topping <topp...@codehaus.org>
Subject Re: ArtifactId of jdo projects
Date Thu, 14 Apr 2005 18:09:30 GMT
I'm also a bit concerned about the groupId WRT to it's name in the
listing for ibiblio.  I believe 'jdo' is a bit too generic, and does
nothing to distinguish the apache JDO from other implementations as it
should.

I would suggest 'apache-jdo' at the very minimum for this.  Any
objections or better suggestions?

:b

Michael Bouschen wrote:

> Hi Geir,
>
> you are right, the name of the jar file is not a problem. I ran into
> the problem when using the maven multi project plugin. It
> automatically finds api11, but ignores api20 since both use the same
> artifactId. I think api20 is not just the successor of api11. Both
> projects should coexists.
>
> Regards Michael
>

>> On Apr 5, 2005, at 3:47 PM, Michael Bouschen wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> today the jdo project api11 and api20 use the same artifactId
>>> 'jdo-api', but different version numbers (1.1 vs. 2.0).  I think
>>> both projects should not share the same artifactId. They implement
>>> the JDO API as defined in different specs: JDO1 (JSR-12) and JDO2
>>> (JSR-243), so they should coexists. I propose to change the
>>> artifactId to jdo1-api and jdo2-api and do a similar change for
>>> ri11, tck11 and tck20.
>>

>> I don't understand the problem.
>>
>> you'd have
>>
>>   jdo-api-1.1.jar
>>
>> and
>>
>>   jdo-api-2.0.jar
>>
>> Aren't these pretty clear and distinct?
>>
>> geir
>>

>>> Another question: the maven doc for the currentVersion project
>>> descriptor element says: "The current version of the project. This
>>> should end in -SNAPSHOT until the release of that version is made.".
>>> I propose to add the '-SNAPSHOT' in the project.xml of the jdo
>>> projects.
>>>
>>> What do you think?
>>>
>>> Regards Michael
>>>
>>> --
>>> Michael Bouschen        Tech@Spree Engineering GmbH
>>> mailto:mbo.tech@spree.de    http://www.tech.spree.de/
>>> Tel.:++49/30/235 520-33        Buelowstr. 66