db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Craig Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Collections of interfaces
Date Wed, 27 Apr 2005 17:12:22 GMT
Hi Michelle,

On Apr 27, 2005, at 8:40 AM, Michelle Caisse wrote:

>  Hi, Craig,
>
>  I'm not sure what you mean by map.  Are you referring to Erik's email
> about using the implementation-classes extension?  I can figure that
> out, I would think.  I assume it would go into the jdo file and not
> the orm.

I was hoping (actually expecting) that the JPOX-specific stuff would be
in the .orm file not the .jdo file. The .jdo file is supposed to be
able to contain *just* the object model stuff, and no mapping
information. And enumerating the classes that can implement the
interface for the purpose of being able to map to the database seems
like mapping information to me.

This stuff falls into the category of what changes are allowed to the
TCK files in order to pass the tests. I'd like to think that the .jdo
files are not touchable, but the .orm files are allowed to be changed.
So adding vendor-specific stuff to .jdo doesn't appeal to me.

>  On another note, yesterday I collected more information on the
> OutOfMemoryError problem
> (http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-21).  It seems that there
> are several different causes: some instances of not closing the pmf
> and some specific tests that gobble memory and don't return it when
> they complete.

If you know of specific cases where resources are not being closed or
returned, these could be filed as individual JIRA bugs (assuming that
it's easier to file a JIRA than just to fix it, using JDO-21 as the bug
report to file it against).

> Do you have someone else who can work on this or is it in my queue?

Anyone else on the alias who can help out here is welcome to do so. I
really wish I had more people who were signed up...

Craig

>  -- Michelle
>
>  Craig Russell wrote:Hi Michelle,
>>
>>  Can you find out how to map the collections of interfaces that you
>> are having trouble with?
>>
>>  Thanks,
>>
>>  Craig
>>
>>  Begin forwarded message:
>>
>>> From: erik@jpox.org
>>> Date: April 26, 2005 11:46:43 PM PDT
>>> To: 'JDO Expert Group' <jdo-experts-ext@sun.com>
>>> Subject: RE: Collections of interfaces
>>>
>>>  ??? JPOX supports it using the extension implementation-classes and
>>>  listing all implementations there.
>>>
>>>  Erik Bengtson

Craig Russell