db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Andy Jefferson <a...@jpox.org>
Subject Re: Collections of interfaces
Date Fri, 29 Apr 2005 19:33:57 GMT
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <!DOCTYPE jdo PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Java Data Objects
> Metadata 2.0//EN" "http://java.sun.com/dtd/jdo_2_0.dtd">
> <jdo>
> <package name="org.apache.jdo.tck.pc.fieldtypes">
> <class name="SimpleClass" identity-type="application"
>    objectid-class="org.apache.jdo.tck.pc.fieldtypes.SimpleClass$Oid">
>    <implements name="SimpleInterface">
> <field name="id" primary-key="true"/>
> </class>
> </package>
> </jdo>

> So is it sufficient that the SimpleInterface metadata be ahead of the
> SimpleClass metadata in the .jdo file?

What "SimpleInterface" MetaData ? It's an interface, and since JPOX doesn't
support specification of <interface> as such yet then it doesn't have any
MetaData. I assume you mean the MetaData for the class that has a field of
type SimpleInterface ? If that is in the same file as the MetaData for
SimpleClass then all should be ok.

If they are in different files then you need to let JPOX know about the
implementation classes somehow (it can't just go off scanning around the
CLASSPATH). There are many ways ... the simplest and one that is
implementation-independent would be to call pm.getExtent(SimpleClass) which
will load the MetaData for SimpleClass.

--
Andy
Java Persistent Objects JDO - JPOX