db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From <e...@jpox.org>
Subject RE: Collections of interfaces
Date Wed, 27 Apr 2005 18:13:33 GMT
See inline...

-----Original Message-----
From: Andy Jefferson [mailto:andy@jpox.org]
Sent: Wednesday, April 27, 2005 7:40 PM
To: jdo-dev@db.apache.org
Subject: Re: Collections of interfaces

> This extension has been around since JPOX 1.0 (the JDO 1 release), so
> assume that it is actually meant to  go in the .jdo file.

> Craig,

>Can you provide an example of how <interface> and <implements> are
going to
>work, to confirm how I think they'll work?

For interface, I expect that we create the class either at enhancement
time or app runtime.

I also don't know what implements is for, but I suppose it's a hint that
avoids us from creating classes at runtime to implement a certain
interface.

>My assumption is that we should be able to use these new tags to
specify >the
>classes that implement a particular interface - hence the same thing
that >our
>"implementation-classes" extension provides. Once we understand it then
we
>can think about implementing those in JPOX and removing the extension.

I don't think we can remove our implementation-classes due that it
explicitly says for one field or collection, it can have only the
enumerated classes, so the user is able to set only a subset of all
interface implementations.