db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Craig Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: String constructors on SingleFieldIdentity subclasses
Date Wed, 30 Mar 2005 23:30:42 GMT
Hi Matthew,
On Mar 30, 2005, at 10:56 AM, Matthew T. Adams wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> While making my last change, I had also considered adding convenience
> constructors, taking a single String, to all of the classes.  The
> constructors would parse the result of each class's toString() method.

This would be a spec issue.

> I didn't actually add them yet, but they'd be convenient. In the event
> that we're given an invalid String instance, we would need to throw an
> appropriate exception, which brings into consideration the addition of
> resource bundle strings for the exception message.

I've put some messages from the identity classes into the base
javax.jdo.Bundle.properties. There are not enough messages to warrant a
separate bundle for sub-packages of javax.jdo.

> Thoughts?

Thanks,

Craig

> --matthew
>
> Matthew T. Adams
> Corporate Technical Advisor & Senior Consultant
> Mobile:  +1 253 732 1051
> Phone:  +1 206 331 3833
> Fax:  +1 360 937 9616
> matthew.adams@xcalia.com
> P.O. Box 24163
> Federal Way, WA  98093
> www.xcalia.com
>

> Xcalia helps businesses address the challenge of Enterprise Information
> Access in a heterogeneous environment.  We provide products and
> services
> that facilitate the two-way exchange of information between
> individuals,
> mission-critical applications, and databases.  Our customers enjoy
> improved performance, reduced operating and development costs, faster
> time to market, and rejuvenated legacy systems.

Craig Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!