db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From "Matthew T. Adams" <matthew.ad...@xcalia.com>
Subject String constructors on SingleFieldIdentity subclasses
Date Wed, 30 Mar 2005 18:56:58 GMT
Hi all,

While making my last change, I had also considered adding convenience
constructors, taking a single String, to all of the classes.  The
constructors would parse the result of each class's toString() method. I
didn't actually add them yet, but they'd be convenient. In the event
that we're given an invalid String instance, we would need to throw an
appropriate exception, which brings into consideration the addition of
resource bundle strings for the exception message.

Thoughts?

--matthew

Matthew T. Adams
Corporate Technical Advisor & Senior Consultant
Mobile:  +1 253 732 1051
Phone:  +1 206 331 3833
Fax:  +1 360 937 9616
matthew.adams@xcalia.com
P.O. Box 24163
Federal Way, WA  98093
www.xcalia.com

Xcalia helps businesses address the challenge of Enterprise Information
Access in a heterogeneous environment.  We provide products and services
that facilitate the two-way exchange of information between individuals,
mission-critical applications, and databases.  Our customers enjoy
improved performance, reduced operating and development costs, faster
time to market, and rejuvenated legacy systems.