db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From "Matthew T. Adams" <matthew.ad...@xcalia.com>
Subject SingleFieldIdentity separator character
Date Wed, 30 Mar 2005 18:52:57 GMT
Hi all,

I was just perusing the code and noticed that the separator character
used in the subclasses of SingleFieldIdentity have hard-coded the
separator character to be a string consisting of a single character.
Without defining a constant value for this, it's more difficult for
someone to parse (if they so desire).

I've made it a psf char in the base class called SEPARATOR_CHARACTER.  I
went with char instead of String because I think it's an appropriate
restriction.  Further, I would like to see it change from a space to
something else so that it's a single token without whitespace (at least
for non-StringIdentity classes or StringIdentity objects that have no
whitespace in their String key).  I would advocate ':' for no particular
reason.

Anyone disagree?

Since I don't have commit rights yet, I've attached the files for
committers to actually commit if no one disagrees.

--matthew

Matthew T. Adams
Corporate Technical Advisor & Senior Consultant
Mobile:  +1 253 732 1051
Phone:  +1 206 331 3833
Fax:  +1 360 937 9616
matthew.adams@xcalia.com
P.O. Box 24163
Federal Way, WA  98093
www.xcalia.com

Xcalia helps businesses address the challenge of Enterprise Information
Access in a heterogeneous environment.  We provide products and services
that facilitate the two-way exchange of information between individuals,
mission-critical applications, and databases.  Our customers enjoy
improved performance, reduced operating and development costs, faster
time to market, and rejuvenated legacy systems.