db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Craig Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Meeting 11-Feb-2005
Date Fri, 11 Feb 2005 19:12:36 GMT
Attendees: Craig Russell, Michael Bouschen, Michelle Caisse

Discussed mapping Company. The normalized schema has one column in the
Insurance table with a foreign key (not unique) to Employee table. The
object model has a single field in the Insurance class that references
the Employee class. The Employee class has two fields: one for each of
the subclasses in Insurance. Question is whether we can map this using
the standard mapping in chapter 18.

Maven build-site should work for the latest maven repository that can
be downloaded from the SubversionRepository wiki page.

Updates to chapter 14 assertions for new query: Michelle will send
latest chapter 14 to Michael who will add assertions for new APIs and
add them to the spreadsheet. Michelle will then update the Frame
document with the new assertions.

Need to look for new JDO 2.0 assertions in chapters 9, 11, 12, and 15.
The spreadsheet will have the sheets renamed to reflect the chapter
subject not its number, because some chapter numbers changed from JDO 1
to JDO 2.

Michael created a new wiki page for query testing.

Discussed capitalization conventions for database schema used for the
TCK. Craig will ask the experts for their opinions. The question is
whether to use lower_case, UPPER_CASE, or CamelCase for table, column,
index, and constraint names.

We have not been able to subscribe to individual wiki pages. No  one
who will talk to us seems to know how the subscriptions are supposed to
work. Low priority, just a question. Subscribing to
jdo-commits@db.apache.org seems to work for all pages, as a workaround.

To get more community involvement in the Apache JDO project, we might
automatically subscribe everyone on the jdo-experts alias to jdo-dev
alias. We should start to use the jdo-dev alias for all dev business
here.

Craig

Craig Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com