db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Geir Magnusson Jr <g...@4quarters.com>
Subject Re: High level structure of Apache JDO project
Date Sun, 27 Feb 2005 16:31:13 GMT

On Feb 26, 2005, at 8:57 PM, Antonio Gallardo wrote:

> Hi all:
>
> I am new on the list. I had be lurking for the past 3 days.
>
> On Sab, 26 de Febrero de 2005, 21:17, Craig Russell dijo:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Now that we have a repository (it even has a file...whoopee!) we need
>> to resolve the high level structure. Any and all advice is
>> appreciated.
>
> In cocoon we use:
>
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/
>
> the interesting dirs for this project are:
>
> trunk - main development trunk
> site  - website
> whiteboard - development scratchpad for new ideas
> branches - maintained released branches (for future use here)

This sounds conventional - I'd be happy w/ that.  I might argue that we
put site under trunk, so that trunk is the current head of everything,
and that way the site gets revisioned like the code to the /branch.
That really helps with API doc and changelog versioning.

>> We aren't quite as complicated as Geronimo, but we do plan to have a
>> full web site mostly (completely?) built by maven. And several sub
>> projects. Let's look at other projects and see if we can pick a
>> paragon
>> to emulate.
>>
>> Are there other tools besides maven that we should look at to build
>> the
>> site?
>
> I recommend forrest - http://forrest.apache.org/

Noooooo :)

I'm really burnt out on Maven and Forrest generated sites...

>> Are there things that we need to be aware of in order to push the web
>> site after a successful nightly build?
>
> See the current forrestbot effort:
>
> http://brutus.apache.org:36366/forrestbot-webapp/
>
>> Are there other admin things that we need to set up?
>
> JIRA + a wiki in the future

I thought we had both.

geir

geir@gluecode.com