db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Geir Magnusson Jr <g...@4quarters.com>
Subject Re: Direction of this project...
Date Fri, 11 Feb 2005 17:38:40 GMT

On Feb 11, 2005, at 12:30 PM, Niclas Hedhman wrote:

> On Saturday 12 February 2005 01:11, David Ezzio wrote:
>> Hi Niclas,
>>
>> Right now, the major issue for JDO is getting the Executive Committee
>>   approve the public draft.  Once that happens, we may see a little
>> more
>> life around here.  If it doesn't happen, well, we may also see a
>> little
>> more life around here. :)
>
> Sounds like there is a chicken and egg problem here; Executive
> Committee will
> require a RI to be available before the Specification is ratified?

No!  It has nothing to do with that.  The big problem is that JDO2 is
all hung up, distracting everyone associated w/ JDO.

> Then where does the ASF community fit in to the picture?

We are a member of the JCP.  However, this is relevant only in the time
people have to spend on thsi.  Remember, we're volunteers.

> Is the ASF community part of the specification process, or is that a
> JCP
> invitation only?

Is this a troll?

> JDO going OSS == great... but please keep the community informed and
> listen in
> on feedback. Otherwise JDO has no future at ASF, which I find sadening.

I think it has a great future.  Just be patient and wait until things
start rolling.

geir@gluecode.com