db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Craig Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Direction of this project...
Date Sat, 12 Feb 2005 03:57:59 GMT
Hi Niclas,

On Feb 11, 2005, at 9:03 AM, Niclas Hedhman wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am not so sure I understand what is happening at the JDO project
> here. It
> seems that it doesn't follow the 'community approach' that Apache
> prize so
> high.

We are trying to do just that. We are just starting out in the
incubator, and are looking for feedback.

> I even feel that 'your turn at documentation' approach is taken in
> respect to
> Wiki. No discussion, no feedback, no community life at all.

We will start to use the jdo-dev alias more, starting from now. Until
we have a real product to download, it's hard to see anyone using the
jdo-user alias.

> This won't fly with ASF in the long run, and the involved parties at
> Sun
> should sit down and try to figure out the "Apache Way", if it doesn't
> fall
> naturally.

Right now, we have several people contributing, mostly from Sun. We are
looking for others to participate.

> Ok, guys and gals... What is happening? I really want to know.

Can you be more specific about what you are looking for? Do you want to
contribute and don't know how or what to do?

If you want to participate in the specification-making process, I'm
happy to invite you. JDO specification is being developed in the
http://jcp.org process. To contribute there, just sign the JSPA and ask
to join the JSR 243 expert group. It's a very open process.

Thanks,

Craig

> Cheers
> Niclas