db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <dsundst...@gluecode.com>
Subject Re: jdo tck meeting minutes 25 February, 2005
Date Fri, 25 Feb 2005 22:55:24 GMT
On Feb 25, 2005, at 2:09 PM, Michelle Caisse wrote:

> Michael notes that the Apache JDO subversion repository cannot be
> reached from SWAN.  This is not an issue for Michael or Michelle, but
> anyone who works from a Sun campus and needs to regularly access the
> repository will need to figure out a work-around.  [SOCKS seems to be
> the key word -- maybe this helps:
> http://javaweb.eng/~jeffpk/USING_SOCKS/using_socks.html.]

Can't you just use https to access the repo?  This works for most
people that have proxying firewalls.

> We discussed the directory structure of the repository. Michael
> wonders if there is a standard for Apache projects that we should
> follow.  He will query jdo-dev about this.  Also, how will we
> integrate jpox in the jdo2 project? Will it be the ri or an iut? Will
> we provide a jar in the jdo repository, or provide instructions to
> users for obtaining the jar?

Most projects I have seen use something like this:

jdo/
    trunk - main development line
    branches - branches for developers and releases
    tags - tagged releases

> We agreed to keep wiki pages for completed tasks as a record of work
> performed.  We will prominently note on the page that the described
> work is complete.

Most projects use JIRA for this.  It a pretty powerful search and
reporting system.  Geronimo uses it for auto generated changed logs (we
also provide a hand written one in releases).

> He suggested posting the subversion connect procedure on the wiki for
> newbies.  Michael will do this once he figures out what is required.

Feel free to swipe the text from the geronimo wiki (I swiped it from
some other project and update it):

http://wiki.apache.org/geronimo/GettingSourceCode

-dain