db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Michelle Caisse <Michelle.Cai...@Sun.COM>
Subject jdo tck meeting minutes 25 February, 2005
Date Fri, 25 Feb 2005 22:09:28 GMT
Atendees: Matthew Adams, Michael Bouschen, Michelle Caisse

Michael has been working on the missing JDO 1 Query tck tests. He plans
to complete them early next week, send a zip out for review to the
jdo-dev alias, then copy to the Sun jdo repository, then to his machine,
then to the next update of the subversion repository posted on the wiki
(whew!).

Re the TestRunner project, Michael proposes using a properties file to
control test parameters rather than an xml file.  The build scripts need
to participate in setting up for the tests and they are limited to
reading a properties file.  The requirements are simple enough that they
are easily fulfilled by the properties file format.

Michael notes that the Apache JDO subversion repository cannot be
reached from SWAN.  This is not an issue for Michael or Michelle, but
anyone who works from a Sun campus and needs to regularly access the
repository will need to figure out a work-around.  [SOCKS seems to be
the key word -- maybe this helps:
http://javaweb.eng/~jeffpk/USING_SOCKS/using_socks.html.]

We discussed the directory structure of the repository. Michael wonders
if there is a standard for Apache projects that we should follow.  He
will query jdo-dev about this.  Also, how will we integrate jpox in the
jdo2 project? Will it be the ri or an iut? Will we provide a jar in the
jdo repository, or provide instructions to users for obtaining the jar?

We agreed to keep wiki pages for completed tasks as a record of work
performed.  We will prominently note on the page that the described work
is complete.

We discussed how to handle multiple metadata files in the TCK  Currently
we have package.jdo.a for application identity and package.jdo.d for
datastore identity. In some cases we have separate .jdo files for each
class. We will also have multiple .orm files to test different mappings
of the company model.  Rather than separate these by file names
distinguished by different suffixes, Michael suggested keeping them in
different directories. This simplifies the build process because it
requires only a copy *.* rather than a copy of a particular file name.
Mathew suggested dividing the src tree into the following subtrees:
java, jdo, orm, jdorm, ...  Michael will take this feedback into
consideration and come up with a proposal.

The Apache subversion repository has been created for us. We are now
awaiting approval as committers.  Matthew located the ICLA license
agreement on the Apache site and will submit it.  He suggested posting
the subversion connect procedure on the wiki for newbies.  Michael will
do this once he figures out what is required.

Michelle is updating the FrameMaker specification with the new
assertions that Michael identified for Query.  She will do the same for
Matthew's assertions for detached objects.

-- Michelle