db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Bouschen <mbo.t...@spree.de>
Subject Re: Assertion numbers in renumbered JDO spec chapters
Date Tue, 15 Feb 2005 21:37:47 GMT
Hi Michelle,

I thought about this again and meanwhile I'm not sure whether we should
do the renumbering of the assertions. It is a lot of work changing the
spreadsheet and the corresponding TCK test classes. But what concerns me
more is that all the TCK test cases we have today are valid  JDO 1 and
JDO 2 tests. For JDO 1 they refer to an annotated spec that uses the old
numbering. This means we would have to maintain both the old and the new
numbers in the test cases.

So I propose to keep the old numbers, even if they do not match the
chapter numbers of the new spec. What do you think?

Regards Michael

> Yes, that does need to be done.  I can do that when I have my turn at
> the spreadsheet.
>
> -- Michelle
>
> Michael Bouschen wrote:
>
>> Hi Craig, hi Michelle,
>>
>> some chapters of the JDO spec are renumbered from 1.0 to 2.0:
>>   Chapter                JDO 1.0     JDO 2.0
>>   Extent                    15          19
>>   JDO Reference Enhancer    20          21
>>   Interface StateManager    21          22
>>   JDOPermission             22          23
>>
>> I noticed from version 2005-01-14 of the JDO 2.0 spec on the
>> assertions have been renumbered to follow the new chapter numbers,
>> e.g. all the extent assertion are renumbered from A15.x to A19.x. Is
>> this on purpose? If yes, we need to adapt the spreadsheet
>> JdoTckAssertionsTable.sxc and the TCK test classes. We would need to
>> include the old and the new assertion number into the test classes,
>> because we want to use the existing test cases for JDO 1.0 and JDO 2.0.
>>
>> What do you think?
>>
>> Regards Michael

Tel.:++49/30/235 520-33		Buelowstr. 66
Fax.:++49/30/2175 2012		D-10783 Berlin