db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Bouschen <mbo.t...@spree.de>
Subject Re: Meeting 11-Feb-2005
Date Mon, 14 Feb 2005 17:57:39 GMT
Hi Craig,

we also discussed that classes Insurance and Employee of the TCK company
model should be abstract. I checked the current  implementation:
- Insurance is abstract already.
- I will make Employee abstract which requires changing three TCK test
cases. Today they create Employee instances and I will change this to
FullTimeEmployee.

Regards Michael

> Attendees: Craig Russell, Michael Bouschen, Michelle Caisse
>
> Discussed mapping Company. The normalized schema has one column in the
> Insurance table with a foreign key (not unique) to Employee table. The
> object model has a single field in the Insurance class that references
> the Employee class. The Employee class has two fields: one for each of
> the subclasses in Insurance. Question is whether we can map this using
> the standard mapping in chapter 18.
>
> Maven build-site should work for the latest maven repository that can
> be downloaded from the SubversionRepository wiki page.
>
> Updates to chapter 14 assertions for new query: Michelle will send
> latest chapter 14 to Michael who will add assertions for new APIs and
> add them to the spreadsheet. Michelle will then update the Frame
> document with the new assertions.
>
> Need to look for new JDO 2.0 assertions in chapters 9, 11, 12, and 15.
> The spreadsheet will have the sheets renamed to reflect the chapter
> subject not its number, because some chapter numbers changed from JDO
> 1 to JDO 2.
>
> Michael created a new wiki page for query testing.
>
> Discussed capitalization conventions for database schema used for the
> TCK. Craig will ask the experts for their opinions. The question is
> whether to use lower_case, UPPER_CASE, or CamelCase for table, column,
> index, and constraint names.
>
> We have not been able to subscribe to individual wiki pages. No  one
> who will talk to us seems to know how the subscriptions are supposed
> to work. Low priority, just a question. Subscribing to
> jdo-commits@db.apache.org seems to work for all pages, as a workaround.
>
> To get more community involvement in the Apache JDO project, we might
> automatically subscribe everyone on the jdo-experts alias to jdo-dev
> alias. We should start to use the jdo-dev alias for all dev business
> here.
>
> Craig
>
> Craig Russell
> 408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com