db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Bouschen <mbo.t...@spree.de>
Subject Re: [Apache JDO Wiki] New: LoggingDetails
Date Fri, 11 Feb 2005 20:14:55 GMT
Hi Niclas,

thanks for the info, I wasn't aware of the problem. I understood the
basic problem is the way JCL dynamically determines the user's preferred
logging implementation. What if the JCL configuration attribute
||org.apache.commmons.logging.Log is set which specifies the logging
implementation to be used? Then there is no dynamic checking of
available logging implemenations.

Regards Michael

>On Thursday 10 February 2005 23:34, jdo-commits@db.apache.org wrote:
>

>>using the apache commons logging API
>>

>NO!!!
>
>Please read;  http://www.qos.ch/logging/classloader.jsp
>
>JCL can be made working in simple/flat applications, but becomes impossible
>for server containers to deal with.
>
>Please consult directly with Apache's logging expert Ceki Gülcü <ceki@qos.ch>

>and the logging.apache.org community, for instance on the
>log4j-dev@logging.apache.org mailing list.
>

>Thanks
>Niclas

Tel.:++49/30/235 520-33		Buelowstr. 66