db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From David Ezzio <dez...@ysoft.com>
Subject Re: Direction of this project...
Date Fri, 11 Feb 2005 17:11:42 GMT
Hi Niclas,

Right now, the major issue for JDO is getting the Executive Committee to
  approve the public draft.  Once that happens, we may see a little more
life around here.  If it doesn't happen, well, we may also see a little
more life around here. :)

BTW, we're in incubation, but I don't see any indicators in the Apache
Incubation page.  Do you know if there a reason for that?

Niclas Hedhman wrote:
> Hi,
> I am not so sure I understand what is happening at the JDO project here. It
> seems that it doesn't follow the 'community approach' that Apache prize so
> high.
> I even feel that 'your turn at documentation' approach is taken in respect to
> Wiki. No discussion, no feedback, no community life at all.
> This won't fly with ASF in the long run, and the involved parties at Sun
> should sit down and try to figure out the "Apache Way", if it doesn't fall
> naturally.
> Ok, guys and gals... What is happening? I really want to know.
> Cheers
> Niclas

View raw message