db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Apache JDO project <jdo-...@db.apache.org>
Subject Re: jdo tck meeting minutes 25 February, 2005
Date Sat, 26 Feb 2005 03:26:20 GMT
On Saturday 26 February 2005 06:09, Michelle Caisse wrote:
> Michael wonders
> if there is a standard for Apache projects that we should follow.  He
> will query jdo-dev about this.  Also, how will we integrate jpox in the
> jdo2 project? Will it be the ri or an iut? Will we provide a jar in the
> jdo repository, or provide instructions to users for obtaining the jar?

There are two main ways this is done in Apache projects;
 * Jar inclusion into the subversion repo.
 * Jar upload to central repository, and on-demand download of versioned
artifact (recommended).

http://www.ibiblio.org/maven is the main download site, which is synced with
http://www.apache.org/dist/java-repository which Apache committers have
access to.

Maven is the main tool for this type of arrangement, but several other build
tools have adopted this approach as well, incl 3rd party Ant tasks and
advanced Ant extensions.

Cheers
Niclas