db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Craig Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Direction of this project...
Date Sat, 12 Feb 2005 17:34:34 GMT
Hi Niclas,

On Feb 12, 2005, at 6:35 AM, Niclas Hedhman wrote:

> On Saturday 12 February 2005 22:22, Niclas Hedhman wrote:
>> On Saturday 12 February 2005 21:53, Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
>>> JDO1 ...
>>> JDO2 ...
>>
>> This has not been well communicated, and then I am sorry for making
>> the
>> noise.
>
> Let me pre-empt your possibly aggrevated response. The initial
> proposal to the
> incubator does mention this.
>
> However, I can't find whether Noel's last question in the initiating
> thread
> was ever answered;
> <quote src="Noel J. Bergman">
> Will the ASF have a certified JDO 2 implementation?
> </quote>

I honestly do not recall seeing this message.

The answer is we don't know yet. The immediate focus of the project is
as outlined in the wiki discussion. Actually, I have found the wiki to
be more effective in tracking what we are actually doing than plain
email. Most of my previous projects ran exclusively on email and it was
sometimes hard to find where a decision was made, even with a very good
archiver. The wiki seems to be better at this.

Anyway, we're all learning "the Apache way" in real time. And I will
encourage use of this alias in addition to the wiki to discuss issues.

Craig

> Cheers
> Niclas

Craig Russell