db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From <e...@jpox.org>
Subject RE: Steps to running the TCK against jpox & derby
Date Sat, 19 Feb 2005 00:28:16 GMT
Hi,

Here is the tck11/maven.xml file updated to use the JPOX enhancer.

I still can't run the tck because JPOX has a strictly validation of the
metadata, and one of these checks needs removal as it was clarified some
time ago by the EG that it's not needed.

Erik Bengtson

-----Original Message-----
From: Michelle Caisse [mailto:Michelle.Caisse@Sun.COM]
Sent: Friday, February 18, 2005 9:52 PM
To: jdo-dev@db.apache.org
Subject: Re: Steps to running the TCK against jpox & derby

Michelle Caisse wrote:

> Hi, Michael and others,
>
> Here's what I've done to get jpox and derby to run against the TCK, to

> the point where they need to find tables in the database.
>
> 1. Put jpox-1.1.0-beta-1.jar in tck11/iut_jars.

and put derby.jar and derbytools.jar in tck11/iut_jars

> 2. Put log4j-1.2.9.jar in tck11/iut_jars. (jpox needed this.)
> 3 Edit tck11/project.properties:
> # iut
> iut.properties = ${basedir}/jpox.properties
> 4. Create jpox.properties:

javax.jdo.PersistenceManagerFactoryClass=org.jpox.PersistenceManagerFact
oryImpl

#javax.jdo.PersistenceManagerFactoryClass=org.apache.jdo.impl.fostore.FO
StorePMF

> org.apache.jdo.ConnectionCreate=true

javax.jdo.option.ConnectionDriverName=org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriv
er

> javax.jdo.option.ConnectionURL=jdbc:derby:jdotckdb
> #javax.jdo.option.ConnectionURL=fostore:database/fostore
> javax.jdo.option.ConnectionUserName=tckuser
> javax.jdo.option.ConnectionPassword=tckuser
> javax.jdo.option.Optimistic=false
> javax.jdo.option.RetainValues=false
> javax.jdo.option.RestoreValues=false
> 5. In the classpath section of tck11/maven.xml, place these lines
> BEFORE the JDO jar file lines:
>        <!-- Jar files for the implementation to be tested -->
>        <path refid="test_iut_jars" />
> else  [java] 1)

testGetObjectId(org.apache.jdo.tck.api.jdohelper.GetObjectId)javax.jdo.J
DOFatalUserException:
> JDO 2.0 capabilities cannot be accessed! Please make sure that you do
> not have a JDO 1.0 jar in front of the JDO 2 classes in your
CLASSPATH.
>    [java]      at

org.jpox.AbstractPersistenceManagerFactory.<init>(AbstractPersistenceMan
agerFactory.java:113)