db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Craig Russell <craig.russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: New email alias; new wiki pages
Date Thu, 13 Jan 2005 16:18:36 GMT
Hi Brian,

I'd like to spend some time with you to share information. Where are
you located physically? [I'll be at the ObjectWeb conference next week]

On Jan 12, 2005, at 2:12 PM, Brian Topping wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Dain and a few others have been encouraging me to get involved with
> the JDO project because I have experience developing with TranQL.  I'm
> very interested in helping with this, with a primary personal focus on
> the metadata aspects of the system.  Hopefully this complements the
> other parts of the team.

No one else on the JDO team has any experience with TranQL, so there is
definitely synergy there.

> One of the things that I am working on is a project that would need a
> very capable metadata implementation within the JDO.  I don't have a
> firm grasp what this means yet, so I'd just like to get involved and
> let that evolve as time goes on.

The JDO implementation has a strong object model implementation. I'm
not sure if this is what you are talking about. Maybe a few more
details about what you mean by metadata would help me understand.

> I'm not sure how fast/slow things are going to go, where people are,
> who is involved and what they are doing, where the sources are, etc.
> I've seen the wiki, but I realize it was just started a few days ago.
> Maybe we could start putting tasks in Jira?

We could indeed start putting tasks into jira. In fact, if you know how
to do that, you could put some info on the Wiki. The project is pretty
new to open source, wiki, jira, svn, and maven. Our project management
tools have been proprietary Sun and Micros**t tools.

We should discuss how to organize the contributions of others and keep
track of what parts need to be implemented. We started a high level
task list on the wiki but these are a combination of high and low level
tasks. If you have suggestions I'd like to hear about them.

> Okay, hope to hear from some of you and get started with this soon.

Great.

Craig