db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Craig Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Database (was: RE: Questions)
Date Fri, 14 Jan 2005 19:48:45 GMT
We are going to build a ddl generator program as part of the tck, but I
agree with Matthew that we might not have time to pull it off. So we
need to define the various test cases, object model, mapping, database
schema, and test data. We will have to hand construct the database
schema to begin with, and we should discuss what schema it should be.

Considering that we're an Apache Database project, the natural choice
would be Derby, but considering that we might have time for only one,
we might choose "SQL92" since deltas from the standard would probably
be the JDO implementation's responsibility.

Craig

Craig Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!